Monday, April 07, 2008

Grey hair

When I was brushing my teeth this morning I had a bout of the giggles. Two new, coarse grey hairs were poking wayward above my wet mane; I let out a sigh & admitted that I really am a year older.

I celebrated my 27th yesterday- hard to believe. I had a lovely day & was spoiled the whole weekend. A crew of us went out for drinks Saturday night & my batteries died in the camera, so I’ve been promised photos…they’ll be posted here if they ever to land in my inbox! Then yesterday Alvin presented me with a dress- I had picked out the material ages ago but hadn’t managed to get made into anything- (featured in the photo below), & a surprise dinner, with birthday cake for dessert. Alvin was in cahoots with a couple of great Canadian girls- so they came over bearing Indian cuisine (scrumptious) and a bottle of Amarula! A special day indeed.

(And I’ve been feeling guilty because all last week I was pouting- my parents were not sending any emails because they were off enjoying Arizona with my Gran- & I hadn’t received one birthday card via snail mail, not even from my Auntie Nada who is always the first to have something in my post box…) But after such a great weekend, it just doesn’t feel right to complain!
Thanks to all for the well-wishes! And thanks to those who attempted calling but couldn’t get through- I didn’t do too bad with calls from Montreal & texts from South Africa to Mozambique*grin*.

The new dress - with Christine & Alvin.














The culprits...and a table full o' yummy eats!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.