Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another delectable fruit

Right, so I’m probably downright annoying oooh-ing & ahhh-ing about exotic fruits when most of ya’ll are in the dying months of winter. Soon enough it’ll be spring for you though, & winter for me- so I’ll enjoy what I’ve got now.

Confession: I’m totally addicted to granadilla. I want my own granadilla tree. It’s soooo yummy!! Forget mangoes Car, your next visit to Zambia better be granadilla season*hahahah*
































Yes, it’s Friday & you can tell I’m already in weekend mode; this comic cracked me up, & does every time I read it.













Lastly, I was just getting my fill of "Obamamania" reading on the CBC about his visit to my Motherland. Holla!

3 comments:

Clara said...

So, my dear, the first thing I thought was 'Seera is eating passionfruit'. And you are!! lol, I wiki'd grenadilla, aka passionfruit, do you remember eating them fresh in JA? xuxu I guess they sound cooler as granadilla and yes, its good to be in the southern hemi with alllll this tropical fruit ;)

Unknown said...

To both of you: take your fruit below the equator and shove it! I just ate a delectable MacIntosh apple this morning on my walk to the bus. I slipped on the ice and almost lost it in the foot of snow on the ground...try and do that with your fresh mangoes and grenadilla / passion fruit!! Thanks to this, I think a single tear may pop out when I go home and look at the shriveled grapes in my fridge.

Sarah said...

Well Car, Mac apples are my FAVE & I can't get them here. So I'm glad you didn't lose it in that foot of snow*giggling*
And Belle...my memories of Ja are a bit...shall we say fuzzy?! I remember a lot of Appleton's- hahaha. I was also told (by very adament Zambians) that passions & grenadillas are NOT the same fruit, we may have to further research;-)