Friday, May 14, 2010

Delighted

That's just how I feel today- delighted. Every time I think of posting something up here I remember that I've forgotten to take photos. I could have shared photos of- the brief visit of my Uncle Walter, Claire's visit with baby Cruz, the perfect afternoon when Alaina brought me over a slurpee on the deck, or Dev's birthday celebration that involved way too much spaghetti & a quick game of "Mexican Train". For unemployed people we're keeping our schedules pretty loaded.

I've had a few quiet moments of reflection working this week for the ageing neighbours- what an opportunity Alvin & I are having right now. We were working side by side yesterday painting somebody's deck, hauling bark chips from the back yard to the truck the other day; and as I glance up to check on Alvin's progress I think- this is fun! Welcome back to Canada where there's something timeless and honest about good hard work; the smell of bark chips, freshly mowed lawn, pine needles (even those that pricked me through the gloves) and the sticky poplar pods that adhere to my shoes after every walk. It's a beautiful time of year to be spending time together and pitching in with the glories of spring cleaning.

Of course it's not all delightful. The uncertainty of unemployment, the relentless on-line applications and networking pressures are not what I would term fun. Or how I fell into a gopher hole yesterday walking down the hill to the bank. But all in all, today I'm just happy that connections are being made- work must be just around the corner now. I also l-o-v-e my new school course which is amazing since I've been struggling for about the past year with classes that I thought I would love & quite frankly didn't. I guess this has turned into an "ode to Friday"...and I can sign off for the weekend- woot!

No comments: