Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Big 3-0

The landmark birthday has passed. So much talk about hitting this year and already, it feels well behind me. I would lie if said I didn't enjoy the thoughtful gifts, cards, emails, phone calls or the fun of spending my 30th with 4 old girlfriends at our first zumba class. But I'm happy all the attention is over (until 40)*ha ha ha*

Before heading out to work the morning of my 30th (knowing that my cubicle would be fully decorated & that I would have to sport a tiara for the day) I took a deep breath & thought- what does this really mean? I took a moment to reflect on my 20's & realized that they were amazing. Many people say that the 30s are the best decade so I thought- if they're going to be better than my 20s I better let my hair down, buckle up, & enjoy the ride.

With Spring here in all it's glory it's pretty hard not to be optimistic at the start of my 30's.

1 comment:

Luke said...

happy birthday!