Monday, November 14, 2011

My new earrings

I recently invested in new glasses (people have been hearing about this for years- I know...& I finally bought them). It's been a love-hate experience because the vision is amazing, but the comfort of the glasses has been trying. I think I'm finally satisfied with the below (only I was trying to show how they're blue on the inside & they look cool but you can't tell in this shot). There's a little bling on the arms as well but I didn't want to post the brand name all over the world (I know, lame- I wear them everyday).














Also featured in the photos are my new earrings (the inspiration for this post). I went shopping with my mom to Ten Thousand Villages- one of our favourite shops. She picked out some cards for herself & a pair of earrings for her sister. I picked up my usual tea and a cute pair of earrings. By the time I got home I decided I really loved the earrings that my mom had bought for her sister & told her they would match a recently purchased blouse just perfectly. Of course Mom handed them over & I am proudly wearing them above. (Allan, if you tell you mom I'll be disappointed but I really had to have them)*grin*. I do realize that I'm terribly spoiled but the worst case is that I have to go back to the shop & replace my Aunt's pair- right?

Other:
Here's a photo Alvin recently uploaded from our NY trip- I love it- it's so hokey.




















Alvin's sister recently sent a photo of her beautiful baby Jasmine & our niece "baby Mutale" who's looking so grown up (we left Lusaka when she was about 8 months old, now she looks like such a little lady) - I couldn't resist posting because I miss them & think they're just the sweetest.


1 comment:

Yasmine said...

Awesome earrings :)
Congrats.