Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Canada Day 2007

No matter how far from home, I can never forget Canada Day, one of my favourite all time celebrations.
Somehow (in the dead of a freezing cold winter in Lusaka), we managed to have absolutely perfect weather for July 1st. Since things were a bit hectic with work & my BSA basketball team was in a tournament all day Saturday (which actually spilt over to Monday morning for the semi-final & final matches...my team won the whole tournament*whoop whoop*!! I'm only sad because I missed the final game...but I'm looking forward to hearing all the details this evening. The boys really surprised me as we had to beat two teams we've never beaten before. I can't wait to see the champs!!)

Right, I digress. So my Canada celebrations were set to be small due to my hectic weekend schedule. Frisbee, beers, roast chicken & veg and mashed potatoes. Here are some shots of Canada-Day-like weather in Lusaka.

Just getting a couple beers down on the 'patio' before hitting the lawn for some frisbee...



Sarah in action



I must not be much of a basektballer anymore...all of that reach & my foot is still on the ground*hahaha*



Alvin's cousins brought over their new puppy Frodo. I fell in love until he peed in my house. Twice. Grrr.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Sounds like you had a great Canada day. If only there were some dense fireworks to make the day perfect.