Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's certainly not raining cats & dogs

Well, the rains have come! It’s intermittently cooling things off, and disturbing morning runs & basketball training sessions. But it’s a beautiful time of year. Yesterday I got soaked in the morning on my walk to work, had a sunny warm poolside lunch, a gorgeously cool jog to the courts, and rained on again as we cut training short. Oooh the unpredictability!
Along with the rains come countless creepy crawlies. Yesterday morning I was grumpy due to a big dead roach in the bathroom, and a rather large flying black beetle thing that met its fate in my kitchen sink. Eeew. (After three years, I still don’t handle big flying creatures very well).
This morning there was a toad in my kitchen. She’s beautiful. She visited us last rainy season too. I think she’s female because she looked pregnant this morning. It’s either that or she was bloated on eating all the roaches*whoop*. We swept her out (but not too far)- I much prefer the toad to the beetle-y things. But really, in my kitchen is a bit much.

The sky is clear for now…we’ll see if I can squeeze in a run with the Shells this afternoon. Is it already Thursday? Happy weekend!

No comments: