Saturday, March 29, 2008

All eyes on Zimbabwe

Today Zimbabweans hit the voting stations...will Mugabe be re-elected? I think the outcome is not my preoccupation, I'm just worried about post-election violence. Zambia has been following the pre-election hullabaloo...we're all hoping for a peaceful process.

On a completely different note, I think I've decided this is my favourite time of year in Zam. It's post-rainy season (knock on wood)*grin*, & pre-cold season. The weather is perfect. It's warm enough for tanks & shorts/skirts, but cool enough to be comfortable in jeans. I had a brilliant walk to the Internet cafe, enjoying a breeze the whole way (except when the dust got all up in my face).

As soon as I finish a few more things for Uni- I'm off for an ice cream date- happy weekend!

No comments: