Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Curious Kawalala

It was a bizarre weekend on the home front. It seems we have a neighbourhood thief who takes the strangest goods. (Kawalala is one of my favourite words in chiNyanja - it refers to a thief).
Saturday morning Alvin hung clothes on the clothes line, as per usual. When we arrived home later in the day & he brought in the dry clothes, he asked if I had removed some of the clothes pegs. It appears that, perhaps one of our neighbours’ maids actually took pegs off of our line (leaving t-shirts hanging by one peg) for their own purposes. Alvin & I laughed, thinking, what a strange thing to take. People who don’t have enough clothes pegs usually lay their clothes across shrubs, rather than taking other peoples’ pegs.

But the really laughable story comes on Sunday morning. I had another load of laundry to hang on the line, & when I came in I asked Alvin if he had moved our garbage bin. (Remember my post recording my excitement that I’ll no longer be burning my garbage…that my flatmates & I have invested in regular garbage pick-up?) Anyhoo, the bin Alvin & I bought mysteriously went missing…and it had to have been in between about 06h00 (when our night guard knocks off) & 06h20 when I awoke. The hilarious bit is that the kawalala even left with the garbage, imagine?!

Solutions: Alvin bought a new garbage bin…& yellow clothes pegs (a new colour in the yard)*laugh*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What the hell is this wireless shit anyway...pops

Sarah said...

Dunno Pop, but it's been sorted:-)