Friday, August 01, 2008

One for Holly

Christmas in July. Imagine that. Yesterday I received a package from Hol that was sent from Canada in November. I have no idea where it sat for all of those months, but I’m thrilled to be blogging over a cup of Tazo green ginger*YUM*. Funnier still, no rats ravished the package, but the beautiful white chocolate bar had passed its expiry date. So we polished off the one she had recently sent from Ireland*giggling*















Thanks Hol, you are a star!!!

It also turns out the a birthday package my parents had sent has been sitting in a post office since MARCH, but the fools at the post office didn’t send us the correct slip, so it never reached us until yesterday. And now they want us to pay K270,000 (approximately CAD $80) for a storage fee. Have you ever heard of anything more ridiculous? They want to charge us for their own incompetency. Alvin’s up & down between post offices trying to talk some sense into the putzes- I hope we get the package today- wouldn’t that be a lovely way to start the long weekend?!

I suppose I have to admit that the postal system is becoming a bit reliable, but terribly unpredictable & riddled with incompetence*grin*.

No comments: