Monday, July 28, 2008

The YBL is moving up

I know it looks a bit silly, but I’m so chuffed that the youth league has managed to buy these new benches for our teams!! We had received some money though Norway & we continue to put it towards good use.
















BSA also hosted a “Sunday special” fundraiser yesterday (We play 5-on-5 basketball & request that each team contributes at least ZMK7,500). Our basketball court needs to be patched (again) & if we raise enough money we’ll likely re-paint the court lines. Some of my lovely friends back home check in & see if we do our own fundraising ventures or if we always ask for handouts. I guess I’m pretty proud of the young kids for coming up with the idea. So far so good- I think we almost have enough raised in the two weeks we’ve been playing “Sunday special”. One more week to go (and yesterday we doubled the amount we hoped to make, so things are going swimmingly). I also had a blast playing with the kids, I had recruited a couple other girls to join in –it’s been a while since the boys have seen me on the court, I know they enjoyed it too!

Yes, small victories still make me happy!

No comments: