Thursday, July 10, 2008

Why can’t every weekend be a long weekend?

I have had such a lovely 4 day-weekend, I’d love to share the highlights.

Friday: my co-worker Monica’s wedding! Weeeee, I enjoyed myself with my lovely colleagues & my date:-)

Here are the newly weds newly wed.





















Here's the wedding line-up as they dance into the reception- amazing outfits!




















And Al in all his finery!

























Saturday: no wedding hang-over for me; I had to hit the road for my 10 km Olympic Day fun run. And fun it was- did I ever suffer! I’m used to running 10km before the sun comes up*hahah*, this run started late and it was h-o-t. But I managed & have such a gem of a running partner (known as Ba Roomie or Coach)- here we are!















Here are my Youth League colleagues who actually took the photos; Chenge & Willy (yes, Chenge is wearing a skirt & no, I have no idea why)...















And the grand finale:-)















The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning, washing, doing school work & somehow finding time for plenty of visiting.
(I guess I don’t do a very good job of explaining how school works for me, I’d like to say that’s because I’m still figuring it out myself! But I have this massive assignment for the two introductory courses I’ve taken- the draft is due 15th July so I’ve been trying to get all my thoughts in order, figure out the science methodology/ sampling information, and limit it to 3,000 words). Let’s just say it’s a work in progress & I’m so happy that I’m allowed to submit a draft before the whole project!!!

So again, can I have 4 day weekends from now on? I’m feeling productive AND relaxed- how often can we say that??

No comments: