Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

It's been a beautiful long-weekend in Lusaka! My boys won their basketball game on Saturday, the Zambia basketball Association hosted an opening tournament which offered some exciting games, and Easter Sunday saw to the annual Easter feast at the farm (Al's Grandmother's farm).
Here is me (yes, not my most flattering shot- I even look diseased) with my mother-in-law. I had to share since the photo cracked me up!















Two month old baby Andre took leave of his house for the first time! Mother Mutale was a bit nervous but Andre was ooh'ed & ahh'ed over for most of the afternoon- so cute.















Here's Al with Aunt Jose (who I discovered is my Aries sister).















My personal favourite part of the afternoon/ evening (apart from the heartfelt rock-out to Whitney Houston) was when the whole family joined in the African-ized version of the Electric Slide. (I know all my fellow Albertans remember learning the Electric slide- makes me think of Mr. Babiuk & elementary school gym class- horrors)! So this dance is almost the electric slide, which I find endlessly amusing, & everyone thinks it's funny that I should know the dance. Little do they know I come from the heartland of line dancing; maybe I'll try to teach "slapping leather" next year. Thankfully this version of the electric slide does not go together with Billy Ray Cyrus...I think it's an instrumental song- & seriously folks, this is a huge hit at the bars! Priceless.

















1 comment:

Clara said...

The slide is everywhere!! lol, though I will never thank my gym teachers for the 'social' dancing lessons. When in London this xmas, the electric slide took over the dance floor of a night club, too funny that we know it from a very uncool place!!