Monday, May 04, 2009

Mosquito dive-bombs

I think the most annoying sound in the world is swarming mozzies dive-bombing your head when you’re trying to rest. Horrors. Early this morning the power cut & the hungry mozzie sounds woke me up at 02h19. With the fan off, no longer able to blow away & drown out the mosquito humming, I was fit to be tied. I slept -& sweat- under a heavy blanket (that the mosquitoes can’t bite through) & Al sprayed the bedroom in hopes of wiping them out for the few more hours of rest we needed. I made it out of bed this morning for my cold bath (still no electricity) unscathed- I can’t believe it! But now I’m told the water has also been cut as Lusaka Water is installing new pipes- which in the long run is a good thing, but no water & no power- it’s another crazy Monday.

We did have a lovely weekend though; lots of visiting, a bit of swimming, & no running. I had zero desire to run so I enjoyed some yoga & swimming & will try to get back on track this weekend. Sure felt good to rest!

See below a photo of BSA’s under 12 basketball team. One of our coaches has an aunt who lives in the UK & she sent over these little blue golf t-shirts for the boys “warm-up” attire. They seemed to bring a bit of luck as the boys beat their opponents (ranked 1st place last year) by one basket- it’s fun to be excited about such little kids playing ball. Love it



Warming up










Pre-game posing

No comments: