Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sarah Time

The house is empty- the folks are off to Marty's wedding on the East Coast (so excited for you Marty & Pat!!) & Alvin's been sent for a couple of nights to a job site a couple of hours North of the city. Perfect time for me to catch up with all the school work I've been putting off. Bwa ha ha.

I had such a great weekend between a day trip to Sylvan lake for Anna's stagette & harvesting the first batch of Saskatoon berries on Sunday with Dev...surely it's now or never to buckle down & get some schoolwork done, no?

Here's Anna (yes, the bride-to-be sporting the coconut-shell bra) & her sister-in-law with Sylvan's lighthouse in the background. We had such a beautiful day- it was my first jump into the middle of an Alberta lake in a good long time.



















The few berries that escaped my greedy mouth were baked into a rhubarb crumble- there's nothing like fruit/veg/ herbs from one's own garden is there? Is your mouth watering Belle?

















Oh the joys of procrastination- I have busied myself mowing the lawn, collecting herbs to make my scrumptious vegetarian supper, finishing another book in the Scottish time-traveler series (Devo- had to get me hooked on trash, eh) and well now, it's obvious where I'm at. I think I'll take a different approach tomorrow- perhaps starting off with a run so I can settle into studying after work.

No comments: