Sunday, October 24, 2010

A few stolen moments

Alvin's at the library studying away & I'm taking a few moments between the cleaning & the laundry. Today is Zambia's Independence Day so I'm jammin' to some Zed Beats care of YouTube & thought I should really try to get back into the habit of weekly posts.
Last weekend (that's how far behind I am) Alaina & Marc came over & I prepared a Zambian meal just for fun. I must shamefully admit that it was the first time Alvin & I have had nshima since we moved into our little apartment. Alaina & Marc were such good sports about eating with their hands, & I'm happy to report that Lain thought better of starting a food fight*grin*. I have to say (for those of you who've eaten nshima this will be shocking)- that Marc ate 3 lumps of nshima...it's his first time ever eating it! Most of us start at 1 lump & work our way up to 2 after months of eating it daily*giggling*














The week before I'd busied myself with my dear old Gran who was tuckered out after making pies- I don't even remember the final count...over ten anyway. It was great to learn a few of her baking tricks this harvest season.




























And today I decided to ride the bike down to my folks for storage throughout the winter:-( I felt so bad for the bike out on the balcony this morning...they are calling for the "s" word this week so I guess I better figure out the bus route. And a new plan for daily exercise- poop. Apart from hanging up the bike because of cold weather all is well*grin*

Ethel (my good-sister) posted a photo on Facebook of my niece- I made Alvin steal it so I could show her off- she's so cute! We miss her:-( We spoke to her grandmother today & she's probably not looking so cute at the minute because she's got chicken pox*ha ha ha* (I'm laughing because she's fine...)

1 comment:

Alaina said...

YAY!!! Pretty excited I got a photo-op on your blog :) Have to tell you, Marc and I still talk about that meal and how awesome it was xoxo