Wednesday, May 04, 2011

House-cleaning Hits

This is my call out- I need some help. I know many of us like to blast choice tunes while cleaning the house...this has been my hot tune of late:



Nothin' like going a little old school*grin*. Please send me your fave cleaning-rock-out-tunes so I can really rip it up on my next go round*grin*.

Oh how I savour the small things.

Apart from that I've been avoiding the blog for many reasons. I've gotten caught up in:

- the beautiful weather (spending lots of time out & about & not on the computer)*smile*
- catching up with Emily- Alvin & I met up with an Ontario-born-gal we know from Zambia. These smart folks attend conferences all over the world & connect with friends in their home towns. It was great to see her after our last visit in Toronto two years ago (time flies)!
- I'm hooked on the NBA play-offs (I've even placed bets with colleagues for a free lunch- oooh, the world of betting)
- there were the Canadian National elections with all it's surprises. I'm glad I got out to vote even if I'm not thrilled with the results.
- There have been a couple of minor world events that I've been swept up in: A royal wedding. The murder of bin Laden. We shall see what changes spiral out of all of these events (including the new Canadian Conservative majority government)...I'm half holding my breath for bad news but I'm not the best 'worrier' so I'll leave the cataclysmic predictions to others while I hope for the best.

No comments: