Monday, January 30, 2012

French Baroque

I think it's always nice to keep the company of people who will take you out of your comfort zone. A good friend invited me to an event put on by a group of people who are interested in music of previous centuries- they put on shows with instruments from earlier centuries. My mom & I decided to step out of the old comfort zone & check it out. The concert took place at a beautiful old church in the city. I have to say it wasn't really my thing (the harpsichord is an interesting instrument but not one that makes me want to get up and dance), but it was an interesting night. The musician talked of duelling composers from the 1700s & brawls at the cafes they frequented. It was certainly a far cry from the basketball courts I'm used to- but it was lovely.

That musical event set the tone for an amazing weekend. Saturday I met Tom & Devo's new pup- what a cutey. I'm pleased to introduce Edgar!































Sunday I had a skating date with Andrea & it was so lovely- it was wonderful to hit the ice on a warm afternoon.













































These 'anniversary' lilies have also kept me smiling- each day a new one opens- how glorious.

No comments: