Sunday, September 30, 2012

Disaster Strikes my Kitchen

I love ginger. I mean I really love ginger. I have a daily dose in my tea and can chomp fresh ginger root without thinking twice. So I find it odd that I'd never once made gingersnap cookies. And my Gran used to make a mean gingersnap. I copied the recipe my Mom had for Gran's chewy ginger cookies...and boy, did they not turn out like hers. I'll have to ask Ma what I misread...the taste is not bad (can't go wrong with ginger of course) but they certainly didn't turn out like Gran's perfectly rounded cookies with fork indentations*grin*.


After the disappointment with the cookies I decided that it was time for a run. I don't think I've had a stitch in years & my first 4km's were nothing but a moving stitch- a terribly painful stitch at that. I hit my stride shortly after the fourth & then hurt again after about the 6km mark. I did run into a gal I hadn't seen in years so that was nice...& now I'm back home feeling like a million bucks.

Of other note, I harvested what was left of my balcony plants yesterday & couldn't resist showing you all the gorgeous 'hot' peppers (I say 'hot' because they are not hot at all).


We also hit the bowling lanes last night & I thought this picture cute- it was right before little Sophie threw up on Alvin. And he still adores her of course*grin*


No comments: