Thursday, March 15, 2007

Good friends + Cheap rum = A great night!

As luck would have it, I've met a great Canadian girl here, also named Sarah. We always get the giggles during introductions because it seems to Zambians like most Canadian girls are named Sarah. (Walking down the street I am often assaulted by shouts of "Mary", "Jane" in attempts to catch my attention...but no one has yet successfully yelled out 'Sarah'. Sometimes people guess countries, I hear "America" a lot, but my favourite has to be "Russia").
I've digressed.

All I wanted to post is that we brought in Sarah's 20-something-th birthday in style! For those of you who haven't seen me in awhile, you'll be pleased to note that I haven't changed much; after a couple of drinks I still reach a shiny shade of red!
Me being goofy. As usual.
Sarah squared!
Most of the crew

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that you can be quite goofey without the rum...but indeed the rum helps..cheap or Appletons...of which there is a supply awaiting your arrival...mom hits the Amurula quite regularly.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. It is good to see you and see that you haven't changed! Hope you are doing great and enjoying the new job. All is going good at home and at the museum. Life stays the same, but that can be good.
Take care Sarah!
Julie

Jeni said...

Hey girl,
I'm sending you an email right now, I swear! But I just had to ask if being called Russian in Zambia means the same as it does in Korea...cuz if so all us blonde Canadian girls must look like prostitutes. But if not, then I guess it's just me.
Love ya,
Smi