Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Victoria Falls via bike

Alvin & I met up with Kirstie & her brother Joel for a day of "keeping fit". It was too much fun.





Just making sure everything is in line before we start rolling.



Ain't no ride like...a stolen bike. Good ol'"ox" song stuck in my head for the whole day! And my only explanation for Kirstie is...her nickname is Jazzy*grin*



On our way to the sight (sound, smell & taste) of Mosi-ao-Tunya "The Smoke that Thunders", or thanks to David Livingstone, more famously known as one of the world's seven natural wonders- the Victoria Falls.


A piece of those Falls with Al & Joel ("Jazzy's" brother- visiting from Victoria, BC)



This is how we look AFTER the Falls. (We got drenched crossing the Knife Edge bridge, & I have to admit I behaved like a small child when I realized I could stand in the centre of a perfectly circular rainbow...or raincircle I suppose).



An attempt to balance (I think), en route to the boiling point.



A brief rest before our cycling journey back involved fending off hungry monkeys. So hungry in fact, they thought the crown would be delectable...until feeling threatened by she-primate Jazzy attacking with sandals. No monkeys were hurt. Promise.

No comments: