Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The hiatus is OVER!

Hi all, sorry for being out of touch for some time. I took an abrupt two week holiday once I accepted my full-time position here in Lusaka. So much has happened I don't know where to start... the ‘holiday’ started & finished with a Canadian bang, perhaps I can go from there?!

Here is the skeleton update…photos to be added in future ‘blogs’:

- Headed off to Livingstone for a weekend of adventure with Kirstie (Canadian friend based
in Cape Town aka Jazzy). As the photos will reveal…we decided to cycle to the Victoria Falls, it was a wonderfully active day!
- Came back home & spent some time cleaning, baking, & plucking grey hairs (horrifying reality of ageing…with my 26th around the corner)
- Was able to start BSA GIRLS Basketball team (WOOHOO), I have envisioned something like this since my arrival in Lusaka 2.5 years ago. It will be a tumultuous season, of that I’m sure- and the details will have to be revealed in an upcoming blog.
- Made time to visit & putter, things I haven’t had time to do in AGES!
- My last weekend before career-dom included a visit from a good ol’ friend Kieran (know in these parts as "Mabvuto" = problems). He is here on business but we’ve managed to make time to over-indulge in food, basketball, talking and sun! It’s been a great surprise for many of us who first met Kieran when he worked here in- was it 2003-04?! The perfect reason to have a couple beers…right?!

It’s hard to believe my time off is already over, but I am excited about settling down into a new job! Photos to come…which means I’ll be in touch much more frequently now that I don’t have to scream at slooooow Internet connections in public places. Maybe that was the cause of the onset of more grey hair, hmm.

Ciao for now

No comments: