Friday, September 28, 2007

It's raining jacarandas!

My friend Paul inspired me when I saw some of his photos of jacarandas in full bloom. He took some great shots of the ‘mystical mauve’ petals against the bright blue skies. The next day I set off for work, I carried my camera & thought "If I can capture some morning light…who cares about looking like a tourist"- right? (Only I'm really bad at that & usually pawn my camera off on others to take photos)!

Nonetheless, I dug out my camera (and you can probably tell by the photo below that I paused long enough to take the shot, and hastily moved on, not worrying about morning light at all- I only hoped no one had noticed my mid-stride photoshoot)*grin*.

Funnily enough, my sights weren't drawn to Paul's sky views...but my attention was diverted to what was below the jacarada trees. Underneath the jacarandas lie huge beds of the fallen purple flowers. Call it the Canadian in me, but I wanted to tromp through the petals as I would the crackling fall leaves that should be present back home this time of year. But the petals are not at all crunchy, & I let my imagination run wild as I felt a spring in my step. I reminded myself of the gummy bears, after they had drunk their “super juice”, and sailed through the air. Ridiculous I know. I really giggled as I certainly had extra bounce in my step while diverting myself from the main road, to the earth spattered with the flowers that have blown off from the jacaranda.

Still, the smallest things amuse me.

No comments: