Monday, October 29, 2007

Bad karma on a Monday morning?!

Well I got all excited to let the cat out of the bag this morning. In that place between sleep and awake I was thinking about how to word this post. Mostly I wanted to boast that I've finally chosen a program I would like to do to further my education...AND I've been accepted! I received the official letter of acceptance last week. I will commence my MSc in Human Resources Management by correspondence from the University of London's external programme in February. I'm really excited, it's taken me a long time to decide on a course...I will let you know how it goes as things progress.

But I got sidetracked this morning when I went to run a bath...and there was no hot water. I turned on all the hot water taps in the house expecting there to be an air block, no dice. I get a bit frantic...but there's cold water. I am no plumber. I give in (with some choice words) & have a cold bath. At least if I had a shower it could've been quick- but there's nothing worse than a cold bath. Immediately after I drain the bath, I hear water start running. No. No way. But yes, there is hot water- seriously, instantly after I stepped out of a cold bath. Insert stream of expletives.

Now I'm really getting worried about by walk to work. (I was excited to get up this Monday because I went back to my favourite cereal- it had been out of stock for a while...mmm, raisin muesli). That didn't last long. Cold bath. Surprisingly my walk to work was lovely. Except for the old man on the bike who got sidetracked while preparing to say goodmorning to me, missed a pothole & almost crashed into me. Poor old man, I think he would've broken into pieces if he hit the ground, he was seated on his bike so rigidly.

So, I guess it's the same old*grin*. A post that's neither here nor there...

2 comments:

luke said...

Damn you MSc are letters I dont have yet after my name! Nice one!

BTW both links on the right of your blog link to me?

Unknown said...

what's this? a comment like "a post that is neither here nor there"? c'mon! you're accepted to a MSc program!! Congratulations!!