Monday, October 08, 2007

Canadian Thanksgiving

As many of you know, Thanksgiving has always been one of my favourite holidays. I'm not sure if it was Gran's annual feasts, or her glow while watching her troops eat, or the fact that there were never any Christmas-gift pressures. Whatever the case, I've always loved Thanksgiving & even when away from Canada, I want to celebrate. I had my whole post planned out as well. I decided it was time to roast a chicken with potatoes & carrots, do up some home-made perogies & whip up the gravies. Alvin & I invited a friend (who actually didn't make the dinner)- & I set the table (yes, I have a dinner table for 4 now) with these beautiful burgundy place mats printed with elephants that were a gift from Zimbabwe. I dug out the ol' camera & realized all the batteries were dead. My recharge-ables really don't have any juice left, & the batteries we most recently selected are apparently not strong enough for digital cameras. I had no idea one could purchase a 'weak' battery. I better see if I can't find any old reliable Duracell or Energizer here, at an exorbitant cost I'm sure.*sigh*

The other photo I wanted to load today was of my new re-finished bath tub!! For those of you who'd seen (or used) my old cracked, water-stained ugly tub, rest assured the next time you come you'll find a gleaming white tub!! Woo hoo

It's been an exciting weekend (especially since I spent the whole of Saturday afternoon swimming- it's been so ridiculously hot...oh, & I didn't mention that the end product of the tub is brilliant...but I couldn't bathe in it for three days YIPE). I believe I've had enough sponge-bathing this hot season. Inevitably I've come to work rather pickled after swimming Saturday & bathing most of Sunday*giggling*.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadians!!!!!!!! (I'm in the office)*hahhaa*. We get Zambian Independence Day off instead- October 24th. Laters

No comments: