Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Just by the hair of my chinny chin chin

Well you’d never guess, but I nearly had my first cycling accident when knocking off yesterday evening. I was concentrating on the traffic- looking left & right & left again- to cross a fairly busy intersection. Just as I made my break I realized that a drunk pedestrian had zoned in on me (directly where I was heading). He was standing in the middle of the road, looking as if he wanted to throw me off my bike. His mumbling was fairly incoherent but I gathered that he didn’t like the fact that I’m white, so at the last minute I veered wildly to the right praying that I wouldn’t face an on-coming car round the bend.
Once I realized I was safe & my heartbeat slowed, I was left only with annoyance. What a jerk! But I’m safe & gearing up for today’s cruise to the courts- wish me luck!*hahaha*

2 comments:

Jeni said...

What a jerk indeed. Your pain reminds me of a somewhat similar experience of my own. Mine involved an older intoxicated gentleman and a rolled up newspaper on the subway. He thought I deserved a good wacking for being quite so un-Korean. You never know what you may find when you step our your door each morning!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah.
Happened upon your blog while googling inswa. I will be volunteering in Monze for a month starting in June, and was doing some research. Your blog is very informtaive...