Monday, September 29, 2008

48th birthday party

Apart from the studies (I write my first exam in exactly one week- yipe!) I managed to eke out a lovely weekend. Saturday we had an exciting morning at the courts. BSA U15 beat their opponents handily and the U18s went head-to-head with the top team in the league. We lost the game by 1 point but had such a good game that we all left the court with smiles…that’s quite unusual for a group of such competitive people.

Since I worked so hard in the sweltering temperatures Friday and Saturday afternoon, I felt like I earned Sunday off. Alvin & I sought out reprieve from the heat at a nearby pool- brilliant. I only left the water knowing that I was off to a colleague’s birthday celebration. One of my colleagues hosted a braai & we all enjoyed ourselves! Here are a few shots.

The lovely hosts, Alison & her daughter Nandi














The birthday girl!














The makeshift dance floor...I LOVE that Priscilla's got a bottle of wine in hand!














For now, it’s back to the books…
Oh, & I’m irritated- how come no one is commenting on my blog? I know my life’s not that exciting at the moment…but not one comment? I wore my new hat on Sunday & everyone thought I looked like Princess Di- THAT cracked me up*winning smile*.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new hat.........it does not look like a funeral hat! Very fashionable.
Julie Leverette

Anonymous said...

hahaha fyi i read ur blog everytime i get the chance to. I stumbled upon ur blog whilst taking a break from my thesis and have been reading it since :-).