Sunday, November 23, 2008

Logic. Or lack thereof

Hmm, guess I’ve been quiet for a bit. I suppose my only excuse is that last week I was very much sidetracked by the Zone 6 club championship basketball games that were hosted in Lusaka. Teams came from Zimbabwe, Mozambique, & Angola (two Zambian teams also participated- no women’s teams though- men only. Boo). There was much excitement & the final ended up being Angola (ranked first place in the country) versus Angola (third place in the country)- it was a GREAT game, though I was disappointed that the underdogs lost.

Otherwise…here’s a photo update of the few small things that have been going on.

Our good friend Kieran was back in Lusaka & had to get rid of some Commonwealth Games Canada attire- holla! I love my new jacket (though ever honest Sarah T. told me this wasn’t the most flattering photo of me- I’ve decided to post it anyway)*grin*.















Then my dear Aunt & Uncle in Florida happened to have a flight attendant friend who was flying to Lusaka & decided to throw together a package. What a lovely surprise & assortment of incredible treats!! Happy early Christmas to me & Al. (Oh, & the lady who delivered it is also a star- the tin of English biscuits she brought have clearly not been saved until the holiday season)*hahah*.















And the jams that my uncle sent finally convinced me to buy a toaster















(I’ve wanted a toaster for a long time but never bothered to invest in one…but with strawberry jam like this- how can you not put it on toast??)
















YUM! Thus the subject of my post…I’m not really sure if that was a logical thing to do…buy a toaster because someone sent 3 jars of scrumptious jam??!! Well, it is mango season & there tend to be lots of brilliant mango preserves this time of year…

This seems to be one long run-on sentence; let me end it here before the grammar cops pull the post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

are you kidding me?! that's perfectly logical to buy a toaster purely for jam use. I was fortunate enough to have dear friends purchase a toaster for a birthday gift as they were impressed by the burn marks on my arm from using the broiler one day. I still have the scar, but what's really permanent is that I still smile every day I get to eat jam on toast burn free (both to my body and the bread). now I'll think of you next time I do. :)