Monday, June 14, 2010

A great time of year for the sports fan

I'm inspired to write after a beautiful weekend...

1. Sports:
Yeah Celtics! I've been biting my nails as the NBA playoffs have progressed, cheering for any team but Kobe Bryant and his Lakers. And finally, Lakers have fallen behind in a series. It's been a frustrating series (terrible ref-ing) but also exciting- I really hope Boston will win it in Game 6- I'm not sure my heart can stand a game 7.
World Cup- I'm loving every minute- vuvuzelas and all. I can't believe Ma turns on the TV every morning to check the latest scores and update her Macleans magazine. I don't have a favourite team yet but must admit that I'm hooked!

2. Harvesting herbs
I had my first cup of home brewed mint tea today- yippee! I had been looking forward to spending the summer watching all the lovely things we've planted grow- I plan to learn how to make jam with my folks in the Fall when all the berries are ripe for the picking. For now we're delighting in our little herb garden. Last night Ma made a killer salad dressing with our fresh basil & oregano. I'm having a blast thinking up all the different ways we can enjoy our fresh mint, dill etc. Oh the small joys.

3. Prairie farm party
We were able to celebrate lots of events at Marc's birthday party on Saturday night- belated birthday wishes to Alvin, early ones for George & Marc, as well as 1st anniversary wishes to Tom & Devo - woot! And all of this out at Marc's family's farm; big thanks to Alaina for inviting us city slickers out. I must admit that I did get carried away with the camera while savouring a sunset of the most glorious Alberta blue sky...so you've been warned- if you don't like a prairie sunset no need to view the slide show (yes- another experiment- I hope it works out better than the last photo album I uploaded).

1 comment:

Alaina said...

The pictures you took turned out perfect!
Sure glad you guys were able to enjoy the evening with us!