Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sarah's Facebook status

Right...I may or may not have too much time on my hands but I thought a creative blog might include emotions I have noted throughout the week (as per those ridiculous facebook one-liners that let the whole world know when you're going to the loo). Plus not enough people are commenting...I need to shake things up a bit don't I?


Facebook Status #1- Sarah's struggling to move around re: blisters


Explanation- I had an awesome weekend in Ottawa c/o Commonwealth Game Canada's International Development through Sport programme. Dear Uncle Em picked me up from the airport & I was happy to see my aunt, cousins & their kids after a year hiatus. I always love passing through Ottawa & glimpsing into the hustle & bustle of my family's schedules out there. But back to the blisters...my friend Simone took me on a 'walking tour' of Ottawa on Sunday. We took a couple wrong turns but finally ended up in little Italy (it was great- their team had tied their game that morning- World Cup of course). Terribly painful couple of days post-walking; but worth it nonetheless!


Facebook Status #2- I want to go shopping!


Explanation- Woot- I start a new job on Monday (& a real one...not painting fences)*giggling*...I think I deserve a new pair of heels or something to psyche myself up for day 1, no?


Facebook Status #3- Gooooooo Ghana!!


Explanation- Ghana may be the only African team moving to the next round (how I wish Cote d'Ivoire would make the cut too); how sweet it would be to knock out the USA...fingers crossed for Ghana!


Facebook Status #4- What is that smell?


Explanation- After wiping the dog sh#@ from my shoe, realizing that I forgot to put on deodrant before spending 5 hours in the sun painting a fence, hearing the next-door neighbour (who had not seen me) let a deafening fart escape... a gorgeous manly freshly-washed scent drifted to my then delighted nostrils. Still don't know where it came from but it certainly wasn't me.


FB #5- Sarah's enjoying time with her Gran


Explanation- Gran'll be in house for the whole week- the weekend will be busy as Uncle Wal's coming up for a visit. It feels like summer*smile*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there dear Sarah -
I've been reading and enjoying your blog without commenting. Thanks for sharing! Good luck with the new job - very exciting.
Big hugs,
Heather
(presently working in Hanoi)

Anonymous said...

Funny as I just popped on here after not having been on in a good while. So much news! Ottawa? New job? Congrats! Details of new job por favor! Glad you & Al are enjoying being home so much. X's n O's!
- Pat

Holly Higgins said...

I love this one! I might borrow the idea myself.

Lots of love from Calgary... can't wait to hear more about the new gig!

Hxo

Alaina said...

Hey pretty lady, been thinking about you....sure hope the new job is going alright and your nylons are working out ;) hehe.
Having an after work beer with Tommy on Friday, maybe you'll come too???
Hopefully we'll chat soon.
xoxo - A