Thursday, June 03, 2010

What to write?

Again, I find myself wanting to post up here but there's just not too much exciting happening with me at the moment. I did, however, read an article that suggested job seekers this day in age need to be creative- one example was to advertise myself via blog. What?! Never crossed my mind. So for those of you who for some reason have not already been assaulted with my questions about anyone who knows anybody in human resource management- let me know if you know anyone!*ha ha ha*. I feel like I'll round a corner soon but it couldn't hurt to throw it up here that I'm looking for an entry-level HR position- right?

More seriously things are going well. Highlights?

- Alvin is gainfully employed- yay!
- I've been re-connecting with people slowly but surely; weather permitted a beautiful wiener roast with Anna & Dan yesterday. Ooooh, smores!














- I love YouTube. I could never access YouTube in Zambia due to slow connections but I'm having a blast finding music videos: everything from long forgotten reggae tunes, to French-African anthems, South African and Zambian or unusual tunes we caught on 'trace tropical'*grin*. Everyday is a dance party in my parents basement. Mwahaha
- I'll be attending a Commonwealth Games Canada workshop in a couple weeks in Ottawa. I'm looking forward to reconnecting with sports for development folk & maybe seeing some family out that way as well, fingers crossed.
- Lack of structure to my days has offered me abundant time to start exercising again. I'm slowly beginning to enjoy running, that is, unless I have walking dates with my mom or old friends! Any excuse to procrastinate, right? Which reminds me full well that I should take the empty house as opportunity to do some schoolwork. Sigh. Life is good.
- Oh, and I'm absolutely hooked on the NBA now (blasted hubby of mine). Now that Nash is out of the running- Go Celtics Go!!

1 comment:

Mélanie said...

Hey Sarah! Cool to read your news! I haven't been on my Google Reader in SOME TIME... nice to hear what you're up to now that you're back in this hemisphere! I think you're in Ottawa as I type... hope you got to have a visit with everyone! (did you catch uncle John when he was there??) love ya! We won't see you out East this summer for Marty's wedding will we??
Melanie