Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ageing with Grace

I met a beautiful old lady out running the other day. The Olympics were on & I was on a tight timeline- I had to get back home to see Usain Bolt win one of his big races. So I negotiated with myself & decided I'd rip off a quick 5km route rather than complete the 8km minimum runs I have committed to throughout the summer.  I felt great. I was on the homestretch heading up the last hill til home. This is where the aforementioned old lady gave me a big smile and said:  'This is such a tough hill & you look like you're floating up it'.  Really? Floating? I Loved it. I did feel like a million bucks and was tearing up the hill...what she didn't know was that I cut my usual run short by 3km:-) I hope that when I'm old & wrinkled & out walking with a cane on a beautiful summer day that I will think to make someone else's day.

As I'm very behind on photos here are a few. Us!
My first 2 tomatoes from the balcony. Since then many have been pulled off the vine & I made fresh salsa last night- divine!
I was out at beautiful Alaina's the other weekend with Eddie. I Just love all the space, dogs, & of course the best company.
I believe Alvin & I took these photos in June- we were off on a marathon walk in & out of ravines so we thought to take photos that we'll likely eventually send back to his mom/grandma/sister/brother/aunts etc.




No comments: