Monday, August 13, 2012

Quiet...enjoying the long summer days

I've stored up a couple of stories so I may break them up now that I've made time for my floundering blog. There's nothing wrong with being quiet for 2 weeks & then publishing a couple back-to-back...right?

I took photos from the first hail we received (back in June). I was excited though my pansies got a little battered. Since then we've had one more hit of hailstones.




I was hanging out with Eddie a couple weekends ago & thought he was looking so sweet & grown-up. (More shots to follow from this weekend eventually)*grin*

Heritage Days! One of my all-time favourite festivals in Edmonton. It was smoking hot & we ended up drinking more mango-slushy drinks than we did sampling foods from all over the world.
Candra did, however, suggest we try a plate from the Venezuela booth.  Toston con salsa de queso: deep-fried plantain chips w/ spicy cheddar sauce & banana peppers. I never would have dreamt up the combo myself but I loved every bite...we have decided from that experience that we will seek out a Venezuelan restaurant & try more*grin*. I love being reminded that there's so much more to learn & experience in our beautiful wide world...& of course adding a couple of names to a 'must-travel-to-one-day' list.

A little closer to home I made up a summer-berry crumble with fresh-picked cherries from Tom's yard. It was divine.



And now that the Olympics are over perhaps my posts will become a little more routine. London 2012 was amazing- I was completely hooked through the whole 2 weeks.

No comments: