Thursday, August 09, 2007

Strawberries & Cream



What's a trip home without your favourite foods?! Everyday I have fresh strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. I'm drowning in gluttony but trying to make up for almost 2 years berry-free. My morning Cheerios (which I also can't find in Zed) always start my day out right!

Other than food (yes, I know it sounds shallow), I have been SO lucky to make the most of my time with family & friends! My cousin Al & Aunty Martha made a quick turnaround trip from Saskatoon, while cousin Marty & Tom & his Devyn planned a killer trip to Jasper. I could mention all the friends who have made long drives & altered their schedules to make time for me & Alvin, but then I'd forget someone & feel like an ass. A few of them are in the photos below, but some managed to escape the freeze frame. I've found that the beauty of visiting after some time is that it doesn't really feel like I've ever been gone*smile*

So far, I can only thank everyone who has made the time to call and/or meet up with Alvin & me. We've been SPOILED! Here are a few shots of the past week & a half, as we gear up for another week of adventure.



The girls enjoying Heritage Days. Except for the shirtless morons.





LAKE DAY!!!- with Pop, Alvin & Marty. I revelled in a quick trip to the lake. I sure felt wobbly on the skis after 2 years...but I still loved every moment.


Nothing like a good match of drunken Cranium, a hysterical tradition.


We're just missing Clara...





A stop at the "Leg grounds" while we toured Edmonton.

1 comment:

Clara said...

I forgot about your blog for a while there, and kept checking facebook, wondering why isn't sarah updating anything?? well that's what happens after being off line for a month or so. So I have been really engaged reading everything, so much in fact that I burnt dinner but I was behind....reading June, whoopsies. To my defense I did move! Looking at the cranium pics, got me a little teary eyed, well as much as I will ever confess....and I WOULD HAVE WON!! I love the look on canj's face, I can only imagine what she is saying, and everyone else laughing. Great! sigh....