Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It’s been a lovely Christmas in Lusaka!

Alvin & I hosted a Christmas Eve party (it seems to be becoming an annual event)- and had a blast. The house emptied of the last party-ers by 3am. Needless to say Christmas Day morning was slow!

Here are Namukolo & Noah















I got in trouble once for not putting a photo of ME on my blog- so here's a photo of me. I don't remember this photo being taken (perhaps one too many glasses of Amarula?), but I sure have long eyelashes in this shot. I wonder if it's a shadow?!














Here I am again with my bululu (Namukolo). (Bululu means 'family')














Sugar with Kolo (It had been a long time since I'd spent time with Sugar, we were all so happy he came over). Note- that's my NEW FRIDGE in the background*WHOOP*. How does one live without a fridge in sub-Saharan Africa for over 2 years...I suppose I adjusted (& of course maximized the use of a deep freezer)- but this IS excitement!! (It allowed me to do up scrumptious tzatsiki and guacamole for the party...)




















Sarah T left her edition of Canadian Cranium with me upon her departure. And let me tell you, we had a SCREAM playing Cranium...we started 4 on 4, but others had to leave, so here were the die-hards. Felt just like home...*smile*














Here is Kolo (again) with our good friend Gabby.















We headed off to Alvin’s grandmother’s farm for Christmas Day. There’s an annual get together with plenty of food and much laughter. We had a lovely time, though I forgot to bring out the camera - oops!

Like Christmas back home- it was nice to spend it with family and friends…& over indulge*smile*.

I’m sure there’ll be more to report as we coast into the New Year!

No comments: