Sunday, December 02, 2007

Tradition

I was counting down the days until December 1st! That was always the day my mom would throw on the Christmas music & put up the Christmas tree. True to my roots, immediately after my Saturday morning run, I popped in the Christmas music & pulled out my Christmas decorations. In all of 2 minutes, my decorations were up & I realized this year I need to invest in some more decorations.


This is my favourite new addition that was donated by Sarah T before she headed back home. I love it!

















Then it was off to Youth League. My boys lost their last league game by 1 point (heart breaker) while the U15 team won their game in overtime by 1 point; too much excitement*smile*.
After youth league I wanted to go home & do a bit of cleaning & a bit of resting, as we had planned on linking up with some friends for drinks later in the evening. I head to the bathroom to do some cleaning & found this lizard in my tub.




















Like I've mentioned before, I do like lizards as they eat roaches & various other bugs I hate; but I wasn't keen to try to sweep it out of the house. I simply closed the door & thought I'd wait for Alvin to come home to get rid of it. (Any excuse to curl up & get into Khaled Hosseini's A Thousand Splendid Suns). I don't know why I was relying on Alvin, he likes lizards less than I do...it was a good thing he brought home our good friend (& my running partner) Coach Roomie who quickly set our lizard to freedom.


















Otherwise it was a great but busy weekend. One of our neighbours invited us out for drinks on Saturday night...and for those of you who've been invited out by an older male Zambian, you know he's paying for all the drinks. Inevitably I had maybe one too many Amarula's. We hit a bar I'd never been to before that had di-vine chicken wings- & all I thought was I'll have to take my brother here if he ever comes to visit*giggling*. (These are not like the 25 cent wings from Fraggle Rock, these are full-fledged chicken wings). Oh, they also ordered chicken gizzards which I'm sure you can't order at Fraggle Rock*grin*. It was a great weekend though it's been a rough Monday morning!! (I'm so tired- I blamed it on the basketball we played Sunday afternoon...Alvin disagreed & chalked my exhaustion up to Saturday's drinks...he's probably right!)

No comments: