Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008

Admittedly, New Year's Eve was rather a non-event for Alvin & me- though we did manage to stay awake until the witching hour! But New Year's Day was quite busy. Since I didn't get all dolled up for New Year's Eve, I put myself together for a lunch date with Alvin.

We chose to hit a restaurant on the outskirts of Lusaka that is actually quite beautiful- there is a swimming pool, and huge park space. Due to all the rains, everything is lush & green, it was quite lovely.














Immediately after, we were off to a braai (translation: BBQ) at our good friend Sugar's place.

The usual suspects: Kolo, Alvin & Sugar














Esnut & Lombe





























The biggest game of Cranium I have ever played ensued shortly after the eating had taken place.












This guy was acting out Britney Spears, we were in stitches!















It was a lovely first day of 2008.

1 comment:

Clara said...

Hahaha, Seera in HEELS!!?? I didn't even know that you owned a pair. I'm sure Jacob wishes you could give me some tips on 'dressing up' or at least not looking homeless. Well, I do blend in with the others here down on the eastside! But I think even Canj wants to enter me for that TV show where they give you a new closet!! xuxuxuxu