Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mango Passionfruit Daiquiris

Need I say more?

The girls got together Saturday afternoon & whipped up some brilliant cocktails. I was so into the blending that I didn't snap one photo- what was I thinking?

When we ran out of mangoes, we had to hit the road to see if we could find some more. We set out for a nearby corner where a truck usually parks selling mangoes by the dozen. With our luck, there wasn't even a basket full of mangoes. We talked to the other resident guys at the corner (selling a variety of items for the home) and one of them leads us to a house that sells fruit. The gentlemen who sells the fruit has knocked off for the day, so the lady of the house said- "No, please, help yourselves". So our new found friend knocks a bunch of mangoes off the tree & we tread home happily with our booty- all for free!

We were so chuffed the next round involved plenty of vanilla vodka...my recently deceased dearest Uncle Ted would have been impressed! One of the girls (note: she is a Rhodes scholar, home on her study break), commented that she would like to see me when I'm a grandma because she thinks it's hilarious how I mix drinks(yes, I do pour a stiff drink...but it always tastes heavenly). Of course, the whole story of Unc's infamous "Creeping Peter's" & his advice to be 'careful not to bruise the gin' came out. Plenty of laughs on a beautiful weekend. It was nice to remember Unc warmly around friends who never knew him.

More from me soon.

No comments: