Friday, July 03, 2009

Trip home- Round 3- Family

I hadn't seen some of my family members for upwards of 5 years- how fortunate for me & Al that we were able to meet up with so many of them. And that's the beautiful thing about family, five years & it feels like I never left- thanks to each of you!!

Our welcoming committee when we hit the Motherland. My Aunt was such a gem- she drove us all over "Greater Toronto Area" for 2 days...Here she is with her daughter & granddaughters.















Auntie Nada took us to see my cousins & their families.
Danielle & her three babes (so good to catch up)!
















Me & Kane















Mel, JD & their girls- lovely to visit!















Cayley was Mel's only kid that liked either me or Al*hahaha* She reached out for Al so we all got excited, how silly is that?!















Next stop: Ottawa. Here are a few of our hosts- Aunt Monique (missing other half dear Uncle Emil), Marc (missing my cousin/ his wife Caro), Mate & Jen (missing their two daughters). I clearly did a TERRIBLE job with the camera in Ottawa. I think I was too excited- it was amazing to see everyone, & to see everyone looking so great!















"Ma-mere" aka. Grandma Cote (85-year old powerhouse) playing tennis with her great-granddaughter Justine (Marc & Caro's beautiful girl). I was so happy to be a part of that day!















We also high-tailed it to Saskatoon. Here we are in my Gran's new digs, with cousin Al's lovely daughter Katrina. The last time I saw Katrina she was a toddler- we had such a blast with her despite the fact that she beat me at Quiddler AND Scrabble. Here she is trying to teach my mom ballet, I nearly split my gut laughing.














Here's my beautiful Gran at my brother's wedding. She's such an incredible woman. (Thanks for letting me steal the photo Uncle Wal)*grin*














Me & my hubby at Toma's wedding.















Oh...and this was a quick stop on our way back home from Saskatoon- Alberta tourism at it's finest. Love it!














I'm looking everywhere for the photo of the whole family. It was the first time ever that my bro & I have had all our Aunts & Uncles together at the same time- & the blasted photo must be on my laptop somewhere. I will find it & post it proudly!! (Promise)

1 comment:

Clara said...

Seera!
You and Al look amazing in these pics, and so funny to see all your old family with kids!! And none of them are that little anymore!! Very impressed you didn't make that baby cry, lol, you're getting there!!