I'm so keen to write something on my blog so everyone knows I'm still here...but there's not too much of general interest. Let's see if I can come up with something that's not too dull.
1. I'm just back from a work trip to Zambia's "Copperbelt" province. My colleague & I visited some great potential project sites- it was a worthwhile trip. My folks have inquired about the accommodation since when they were here we stayed in a place that was- hmmm, how to put this diplomatically- undoubtedly a brothel. Blue satin sheets to boot. More mosquitoes than I've ever seen in my life inside the mosquito bed netting*hahaha*. I'm happy to report that we stayed in a beautiful guesthouse complete with "princess" mosquito netting (that's my description- I thought it looked all pretty)- hahaha.
2. Saturday basketball- I was so excited because my niece came to the game! She's only 3 months old but I got to have her on my lap for the whole second half- I wish I would've brought my camera- she's such a cutey. Her father lost the game though (which means my hubby's team won)*hahahah*
3. My dear Uncle Emil sent a couple of photos of his granddaughters; I'm borrowing this photo from him (without permission- sorry uncle Em) because I think it's such a beautiful photo. Malia & Olivia:-) Baby Olivia has grown a lot since we met her in June.
4. I'm considering signing up for another half-marathon because people keep telling me I've gained too much weight...it's the only way I can motivate myself to start running again*smile*
5. There's lots of school pressure at the moment. I have my huge research proposal due in two weeks. If I don't pass no MA for me...I'll do my best & hope it's enough!
Like I said...nothing much of general interest. I'll come back with a vengeance once this pesky RP is out of the way*grin*.