Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In Over My Head

Have you ever agreed to something without fully understanding to what exactly you'd signed up? I considered this as I tried to manoeuvre from roof to ladder without a) falling or b) dropping the can of paint that also had to descend.
Sigh.
Urban adventures- you've got to love them. Monday evening I had zero motivation to run & knew that Alvin was looking forward to finishing up a paint job that he'd taken on before starting his warehouse job. He was a bit surprised when I so readily agreed to come. It all made sense while sitting on the roof. I volunteered without realizing I would be teetering precariously on a roof top with my rear-end sizzling from the hot shingles. Three hours later the mission was accomplished & we made it home safely. I have a photo on my camera that I will have to post up here once I have the technology at hand to do so. It will really complete the story*grin*

All of that after a lovely & relaxing weekend. We set off to visit our friends from Zambia & their kids. Tory- turning 1 in July.
 Cruz (turning 3 the day after Alvin turned 30)

My folks also hosted a 'happy birthday Alvin / happy anniversary Tom & Dev' dinner. Dev was a little creeped out by the shrimp legs but the food was divine.



Best birthday wishes to my partner in crime. We have so much fun enjoying the small things...like a glass of Amarula to mark any occasion- however small or noteworthy.

No comments: